ReceptionHi! I'm Sterix

Welcome to the forum. Pull up a chair and introduce yourself.

Topic author
Sterix
Site Admin

#1 Hi! I'm Sterix

Post by Sterix » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:55 pm

I'm over the age of twenty-one and have been for a number of years now. I'm male (last time I checked anyway), from Oldham which is near Manchester in the great UK. I'm married with no kids but several cats and a dog (actually they're my wife's but I got saddled with parenting them by proxy).

My hobbies, apart from putting pen to parchment, include playing darts for a local pub team, watching TV with the missus, playing computer games (mainly strategy but I do like a bit of Fifa, GTA and Ratchet & Clank), and reading in the bath (mainly fantasy and sci-fi).

By day I'm a mild-mannered 1st Line IT Support guy. Which means I sit at a desk telling people to turn it off an on again...

Musically I'm inclined towards metal as my first port of call. But I grew up in the 70's and 80's so I do enjoy pop (at least those decades' version of - I can't give a rat's arse about most of today's "pop"). I also like a bit of classical (not the shit they forced upon your ears in music class back at school but the decent stuff).

Lyrically, I gravitate towards a more "easy listening" style with somewhat complex lyrics. I'm not afraid to write on darker subjects, though most of my lyrics probably end up in the "love" category, albeit that "love" is probably been doomed by one thing or another! :P